Starting your own business or setting up your own startup is no easy feat. This is especially true if you’re a student looking to start up. Your best bet is to find a mentor or interact with like-minded individuals from who you can learn from and draw inspiration from. SuccessValley.tech is an online network community of learners for aspiring entrepreneurs.
We spoke with Amenorhu Kwaku, founder at SuccessValley, to understand how SuccessValley is building and sustaining an online network community of learners and 5 key reasons why students should join a networking community of learners. Read on!
What inspired you to start SuccessValley? Tell us the story.
At first, I started SuccessValley as a virtual web development company. However, along the line, I faced several challenges since I didn’t know how to go about setting up a business.
So, I contacted people from my network on LinkedIn and Facebook (CEOs’ and founders from different corporate organizations) for mentorship.
When no one was willing to assist me, I realized it’s an opportunity that I can capitalize on by turning my problem into a solution. I believe other students also experience something similar.
And so, I decided to create a network community of learners where students and aspiring entrepreneurs can connect and exchange ideas as well as have access to free resources and mentors to help them in their entrepreneurial journey.
Could you give us an overview of how SuccessValley is building and sustaining an online network community of learners?
SuccessValley is building an online network community of learners by creating a friendly ecosystem where learners build relationships, invite others to get involved and get answers for questions asked. We are making the community stronger by paying attention to members’ needs, communicating openly with members, volunteering to perform some work for their businesses, challenging them to do better, and assisting them when things get tough.
There are numerous benefits that students stand to gain by joining SuccessValley. Students can:
- Learn more about themselves
- Develop core soft skills
- Learn how to work with a team
- Network with one another
- Gain practical experience in a safe online environment
- Gain leadership skills
- Learn how to engage with a diverse group of people
The number of tech-savvy customers has increased significantly over the past decade. This demographic will continue to grow and be a central focus for online businesses as more and more digital natives gain buying power. Businesses need to be cutting edge and modern to impress them.
Share with us 5 key reasons why students and learners should join a networking community of learners to build an entrepreneurial mindset?
As an aspiring entrepreneur, you need to come to terms with the fact that we all need support. And surrounding yourself with a network community of learners and other entrepreneurs is one way to get that support. No matter how talented you may be, you’re not going to get very far without learning how to leverage the power of a network community.
Here are 5 key reasons why students should join a networking community of learners to build their entrepreneurial mindset.
- Knowledge: Joining a network community of learners helps students to learn from one another. Joining a community of like-minded people means that you have increased the chance of meeting someone who’s willing to take you under their wing and mentor you.
- Inspiration: Influential founders and entrepreneurs can achieve great things in life because of the network community they are part of and where they exchange ideas, inspire each other and even get solutions to problems they face by sharing it with their network community.
- Resources: For students and learners to succeed as entrepreneurs, they need resources, tools, and expertise in order to be successful and this is where leveraging the power of a network community comes in.
- Connections: Joining a network community means that you have a chance to improve your professional and personal network.
- Support: Entrepreneurship is said to be a lonely journey and joining a network community of like-minded people means you’re surrounded by people you can rely on and who would provide the needed support in times of difficulties and challenges.
How important is finding a mentor? Could you share your top 3 tips with students and newbie entrepreneurs on how to find the ideal mentor to help them grow?
“Nothing great was ever accomplished alone.” Finding a mentor is going to kickstart you on the path to accomplish great things in life. Mentors will guide you to learn from their career experience, personal experience as well as help you network with others across business lines.
My top 3 tips for students and newbie entrepreneurs on how to find the ideal mentor to help them grow are:
- Your mentor should have a career path you want to follow.
- Your mentor should help you and not flatter you.
- Your mentor shouldn’t be your only mentor.
What are your future plans for SuccessValley?
My future plan for SuccessValley is to become the world’s number one network hub for student entrepreneurs as well as establishing entrepreneurship mastermind groups on campuses where students can support each other to achieve their goals.
Why did you choose a .tech domain name? How is it helping you develop a unique online brand for each of your tech conferences/events?
Since SuccessValley is a tech startup, it’s more appropriate to use a .tech domain name because it makes the domain name brandable, memorable and innovative.
Our branded domain name is helping us get registered members every day and currently, we are working to connect with Startup League to help position our unique brand in international conferences and events.
“Starting a new tech business? Get a .tech domain here!”